The Stem Cell Hope: How Stem Cell Medicine Can Change Our Lives
$17.00 (as of 19 September, 2018, 1:29 pm)
A landmark book by the senior science writer at Time magazine introduces us to a medical breakthrough that can save our lives.
Few people know much about stem cell research beyond the ethical questions raised by using embryos. But in the last decade, stem cell research has made huge advances toward eliminating some of our most intractable diseases. Now this sweeping and accessible book introduces us to this cutting-edge science that will revolutionize medicine and change the way we think about and treat disease.
Alice Park takes us from stem cell’s controversial beginnings to the recent electrifying promise of being able to create the versatile cells without using embryos at all. She shows us how stem cells give researchers an unprecedented ability to study disease while giving patients the promise of replacing diseased cells with healthy new ones. And she profiles the scientists and leaders-many with their own compelling stories-who have fueled the quest and will continue to shape the field in years to come.
Amazon Customer Reviews
- Stem Cells: Current Challenges and New Directions (Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine) $179.99 (as of 19 September, 2018, 1:29 pm)
- Stem Cell Therapy in Lysosomal Storage Diseases (Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine) $159.99 (as of 19 September, 2018, 1:29 pm)
- Stem Cell Dialogues: A Philosophical and Scientific Inquiry Into Medical Frontiers $38.00 (as of 19 September, 2018, 1:29 pm)
- The Stem Cell Revolution $14.95 (as of 19 September, 2018, 1:29 pm)
- Cracking the Stem Cell Code: Adult Stem Cells Hold the Promise of Miraculous Wellness $21.95 (as of 19 September, 2018, 1:29 pm)