Stem Cell Manufacturing
$245.00 (as of 20 February, 2018, 9:30 pm)
Stem Cell Manufacturing discusses the required technologies that enable the transfer of the current laboratory-based practice of stem cell tissue culture to the clinic environment as therapeutics, while concurrently achieving control, reproducibility, automation, validation, and safety of the process and the product.
The advent of stem cell research unveiled the therapeutic potential of stem cells and their derivatives and increased the awareness of the public and scientific community for the topic. The successful manufacturing of stem cells and their derivatives is expected to have a positive impact in the society since it will contribute to widen the offer of therapeutic solutions to the patients. Fully defined cellular products can be used to restore the structure and function of damaged tissues and organs and to develop stem cell-based cellular therapies for the treatment of cancer and hematological disorders, autoimmune and other inflammatory diseases and genetic disorders.
- Presents the first ‘Flowchart‘ of stem cell manufacturing enabling easy understanding of the various processes in a sequential and coherent manner
- Covers all bioprocess technologies required for the transfer of the bench findings to the clinic including the process components: cell signals, bioreactors, modeling, automation, safety, etc.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of a true multidisciplinary topic by bringing together specialists in their particular area
- Provides the basics of the processes and identifies the issues to be resolved for large scale cell culture by the bioengineer
- Addresses the critical need in bioprocessing for the successful delivery of stem cell technology to the market place by involving professional engineers in sections of the book